What does the future of sustainable baseload energy look like? We think the answer is the Prairie State Energy Campus. That’s because we’re the brainchild of nine non-profit public power utilities committed to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy for their members. Together, they created an energy campus that uses domestic resources and clean energy technology to produce more power, and less waste.
We provide energy to 180 communities across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, but we’re not just a leader in our region. We’re a leader in the industry.
To provide value to our owners and the millions of families they serve through the safe and sustainable production of electric power.
Prairie State will be the best coal mine and coal-fired power plant in the United States.
Staying true to what we believe in is part of what makes Prairie State such a special place to work. Here are the values we honor each day:
- Safety is the responsibility of every person, at every level, every day
- Complete all jobs safely and strive for zero incidents
- Promote health and well-being, and never compromise safety for production
- Act honestly and with integrity
- Achieve the results we have committed to
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement
- Treat our team members with mutual respect
- Work together across campus to achieve our goals
- Recognize the importance of diversity and innovative thinking
- Look beyond the events of today to succeed tomorrow
- Be socially responsible and environmentally conscious
- Apply leading technologies, training, and processes that optimize resources
- Reduce our environmental footprint
Built for the Future Ahead
Throughout the energy industry, long-term forecasts predict that the demand for reliable, clean energy is only going to grow. Prairie State was built for that future. With more than 30 years’ worth of coal reserves secured for our use, we’ll be providing members with stable energy for decades to come.
We’re also built to run clean. Our state-of-the-art air quality control systems make us one of the cleanest power plants of our kind. Learn more about our commitment to the environment.
Clean, Sustainable Power
Are you curious about how Prairie State provides a clean, sustainable source of power? Learn more about our campus operations from this video.