NEARLY 7 MILLION TONS of coal mined annually.
families with electricity every day.
in economic activity contributed annually.
invested in the Best Available Control Technology (BACT).
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Ask around - Prairie State is a great place to work.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TRAINING OR PAPERS DO I NEED TO APPLY TO WORK AT THE MINE AT PRAIRIE STATE?
Must have one of the following:
- 1 year of mining experience and possess Illinois "face papers"
- Mining certificate from an accredited school (IECC, Rend Lake)
- 2-year associates degree in an industrial field
- Honorable Military Discharge
HOW LONG OF A DRIVE IS IT TO MARISSA?
Most Prairie State employees make their home in southern Illinois. The commute to Prairie State is about a half hour, on average. Our campus is just an hour outside of downtown St. Louis, MO, and close to several Southern Illinois communities. Click on a community below to learn more.
- Marissa, IL
- Belleville, IL
- O'Fallon, IL
- Nashville, IL
- Mt. Vernon, IL
- Freeburg, IL
- Mascoutah, IL
- Carbondale, IL
WHERE DO YOUR EMPLOYEES LIVE?
- Employees at Prairie State live in nearly every county in Southern Illinois.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A JOB?
- Prairie State accepts applications only through our website. Please click on the opportunities tab to see the positions that are currently available. If you have applied for a position and have questions about the status of your application you can contact us at 618-824-7555.