2014 ADVOCACY CLEAN COAL CLEAN ENERGY CAMPUS COMMUNITY EARTH DAY EDUCATION EMPLOYEES ENGINEERING ENVIRONMENT INTERN INTERNS LEADERSHIP LIVELY GROVE MINE MEET THE INTERNS MINE MINE RESCUE TEAM MINING INTERN MURRAY STATE NASCAR PSGC PSGC INTERNSHIP POWER POWER PLANT PRAIRIE STATE GENERATING COMPANY PUBLIC POWER SIU SAFETY SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY TOUR
RECENT NEWS: BROWSE BY TAG
RESULTS CONTAINING TAG "Coal"
- Prairie State Turns Eight
- Clean Coal Technology
- National Miners Day
- Congressman Shimkus Visits Prairie State
- Missouri Legislators Tour
- Illinois Legislators Tour
- Increased Demand for Illinois Coal
- Illinois Regulators Tour Prairie State
- Illinois Legislators Visit Prairie State
- Coal Education Conference Tour
- Earth Day 2014
Prairie State and its employees recognize Earth Day as the ideal time to reinforce and communicate our commitment to protecting the environment.
- Prairie State Named Top Coal Plant
Prairie State was selected as one of the most noteworthy coal-fired power plants worldwide and was a designated Top Plant.
- Peabody Energy Launches Advanced Energy for Life Campaign
Peabody Energy recently launched the "Advanced Energy for Life" Campaign to build awareness and support to end the "world's number one human and environmental crisis" of global energy poverty.
- Chinese Delegation Tour
Prairie State was honored to welcome Chinese Counselor Bin and First Secretary Xiuchun for a tour of the energy campus on February 24, 2014.
- The Cost of Power Plant Overregulation
In a recent article, Rick Honaker, professor and chair of the University of Kentucky's Department of Mine Engineering, sheds light on a growing political issue: the overregulation of coal-fueled power plants and the direct impact these regulations have on our nation's economy.
- NMA President Speaks Out On EPA Climate Rules
National Mining Association President and CEO speaks out on the EPA's climate rules.
- Prairie State Featured in Clean Coal Campaign
- Illinois Coal Activists at Region 5 US EPA Headquarters
- NASCAR Driver Regan Smith Visits Prairie State
- Clean Coal Campaign in Action at NASCAR
- Moving Energy Forward: Prairie State's Unit 2 of Power Plant Goes Live
MARISSA, IL - Unit 2 of Prairie State Energy Campus's 1600-megawatt power plant went live today, producing commercial power for its nine owners and their 2.5 million customers. Unit 2 is now under the control of the Prairie State Energy Campus (PSEC) team, a significant milestone in the process of completing the largest coal-fueled power plant built in the U.S. in the last 30 years.
- Spring "Town Hall" Style Employee Meeting
Prairie State Generating Company CEO and President, Peter DeQuattro, delivers his quarterly company update to nearly 300 Prairie State employees at PSGC’s Lively Grove mine.
- Clean Coal Campaign Heads to Nascar
NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will be pushing coal, and new clean coal technologies, as a viable fuel for generating electricity.
- 15th class of coal miners finish out their 8-week training program
Prairie State is proud to have its 15th class of coal miners finish out their 8-week training program, which begins as they join the company. Having finished their training, the PSGC coal miners begin their regular shifts this week.